The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the our practice. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibilities to you:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will be seen by your preferred doctor when ever possible. ( This may mean waiting for an available appointment)
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more that 20 minutes for your appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 72 hours of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaints dealt with quickly.
Your responsibility to us:
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself. We are not allowed to discuss patients without their permission.
- Tell us of any change of name or address so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery and night visits should be for emergencies only.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend
- Please arrive on time for your appointment but please be prepared to wait as your appointment may be delayed by and emergency.
- Please treat the practice staff with the same respect you receive from them. We operate a Zero tolerance policy. Any patient or their relative who treats any member of practice staff or other patient in an aggressive or abusive manner will be removed from the list. Any physical abuse will be reported to the police.
- Please allow enough time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us. (You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait.)
- Use the tear of slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible.
- Please attend for review when asked before your next prescription is due.
- Do let us know if you feel we have not met our responsibility to you. We would also be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due too.